10. Buchanan, D. A. (2001). The Role of Photography in Organizational Research: A Reengineering Case Illustration, Journal of Management Inquiry, 10, 2: pp. 151-164.
11. Cataloni, C. & Minkler, M. (2010). Photovoice: a review of literature in health and public health, Health Education & Behavior, 37 (3), pp. 424-451.
12. Clark-Ibanez, M. (2004). Framing the social world with photo-elicitation interviews. American Behavioral Scientist 47 (12), pp. 1507-1527.
13. Collier, J. & Collier, M. (1986). Visual Anthropology: Photography as a Research Method, Albuquerque, University of New Mexico Press.
14. Edwards, E. (ed.) (1992). Anthropology and Photography 1860-1920, New Haven, Yale University Press.
15. Epstein, I., Stevens, B., McKeever, P., & Baruchel, S. (2006). Photo elicitation interview (PEI): Using photos to elicit children’s perspectives. International Journal of Qualitative Methods, 5 (3), pp. 2-9.
16. Fitzgerald, M. A. (2011). Combining Constructivist and Empowerment Theories in the Preparation of Educational Leaders. Institute for Learning Centered Education( Available: http://www.jpacte.org/uploads/9/0/0/6/9006355/2011-1-fitzgerald.pdf.
17. Gallo, M. L. (2002). Picture this: Immigrant Workers Use Photography for Communication and Change, Journal of Workplace Learning, 14, 2, pp. 49-57.
18. Gàlvez, P., Valencia, A., Palomino, A. M., Cataldo, M., & Schwingel, A. (2015). Communicating about eating behaviors. A qualitative study of Chilean women and their health-care providers. Int J Qualitative Stud Health Well-Being 10:25979. doi:10.3402/qhw.v10.25979.
19. Gubrium, A. & Harper, K. (2013). Participatory visual & digital methods vol 10. Left Coast Press.
20. Hall, L., Jones, S., Hall, M., Richardson, J., & John Hodgson, J. (2007). Inspiring Design: The Use of Photo Elicitation and Lomography in Gaining the Child’s Perspective(Available: http://www.bcs.org/upload/pdf/ewic_hc07_lppaper23.pdf).
21. Harper, D. (2002). Talking about pictures: A case for photo elicitation. Visual Studies,17 (1), pp. 13-26.
22. Hurwitz, J. R. (2012). Photovoice as a Critical Reflection Methodology (Available: http://www.stanleyteacherprep.org/uploads/2/3/3/0/23305258/photovoice_as_a_critical_reflectiion_methdology.pdf).
23. Klitzing, S. W. (2004). Women living in homeless shelters: Stress, coping and leisure. Journal of Leisure Research 36 (4), pp. 483-512.
24. Kuratani, D. L. G. & Lai, E. (2011). Photovoice Literature Review (Available: http://teamlab.usc.edu/Photovoice%20Literature%20Review%20(FINAL).pdf).
25. Loeffler, T. A. (2004). A photo elicitation study of the meaning of outdoor adventure experiences. Journal of Leisure Research 36 (4), pp. 536-556.
26. Magnini, V. P. (2006). Photo-Elicitation as a Tool to Alleviate International Marketing Mistakes, JGC , Vol. 14 (2): pp. 75-84.
27. Merleau-Ponty, M. (2002). Phenomenology of perception. New York, NY: Routledge.
28. Parker, L. D. (2005). Photo‐elicitation: an ethno‐historical accounting and management research prospect, Accounting, Auditing & Accountability Journal, 22 (7): pp. 1111–1129.
29. Pink, S. (2001). Doing Visual Ethnography: Images, Media and Representation in Research, London, Sage Publications.
30. Rancière, J. (1999). Disagreement: Politics and philosophy. Minneapolis: University of Minnesota.
31. Rappaport, J. (1981). In praise of paradox: A social policy of empowerment over prevention. American Journal of Community Psychology, 9 (1), pp. 1-25.
32. Rappaport, J. (1984). Studies in empowerment: Introduction to the issues. In J. Rappaport, C. Swift, & R. Hess (Eds.), Studies in empowerment: Steps toward understanding and action (1-7). New York: The Haworth Press.
33. Rasmussen, K. (2004). Places for children—Children’s places. Childhood, 11 (2): pp. 155-173.
34. Rogrs, C. (1995). A way of bing , Boston, Houghton-Miffin.
35. Samuels, J. (2004). Breaking the ethnographer’s frame. American Behavioral Scientist 47 (12), pp. 1528-1550.
36. Scherer, J. C. (1992). The Photographic Document: Photographs as Primary Data in Anthropological Enquiry, in E. Edwards (ed.), Anthropology and Photography 1860-1920, New Haven, Yale University Press, pp. 32-41.
37. Scherer, J. C. (1992) The Photographic Document: Photographs as Primary Data in Anthropological Enquiry, in E. Edwards (ed.), Anthropology and Photography 1860- 1920, New Haven, Yale University Press, pp. 32-41.
38. Sebastiao, E., Ibe-Lamberts, K., Bobitt, J., Schwingel, A., & Chodzko-Zajko, W. (2014). Employing a participatory research approach to explore physical activity among older African American women. J Aging Res 2014:941019. doi:10.1155/2014/941019.
39. Sebastião, E., Gálvez1, P. A. E., Bobitt, J., Brynn Clairisse Adamson, B. C. C., & Andiara Schwinge, A. (2016). Visual and participatory research techniques: photo-elicitation and its potential to better inform public health about physical. activity and eating behavior in underserved populations, J Public Health 24:3–7. DOI 10.1007/s10389-015-0698-z.
40. Streng, JM., Rhodes, SD., Ayala, GX., et al. (2004). Realidad Latina: Latino adolescents, their school, and a university use Photovoice to examine and address the influence of immigration. Journal of interprofessional care, 18 (4), pp. 403-15.
41. Valerie Haberl, V. & Beth Wortman, B. (2012). Getting the picture: Interviews and photo elicitation at Edmonton Public Library, LIBRES, 22 (2): pp. 1-20.
42. Wang, C. & Burris, M. A. (1994). Empowerment through photo novella: Portraits of participation. Health Education Quarterly 21 (2), pp. 171-186.
43. Wang, C. C. (2006). Youth Participation in Photovoice as a Strategy for Community Change, Journal of Community Practice, 14 (1/2): pp. 147-161.
44. Wang, C. & Burris, M. (1997). Photovoice: Concept, methodology, and use for participatory needs assessment. Health Education and Behavior 24, pp. 369–87.
45. Wang, C., Yuan, Y. L., and Feng, M. L. (1996a) Photovoice as a tool for participatory evaluation: the community's view of process and impact. Journal of Contemporary Health, 4, pp. 47-49.
46. Wang, C. C. & Redwood-Jones, Y. (2001). Photovoice ethics : Perspectives from Flint Photovoice. Health Education and Behavior, 24 (3), pp. 369-387.
47. Warren, S. (2005). Photography and Voice in Critical Qualitative Management Research, Accounting, Auditing & Accountability Journal, 18, 6: forthcoming.
48. Werts, A. B. and Brewer, C. A. (2015). Reframing the Study of Policy Implementation: Lived Experience as Politics, Educational Policy, 29 (1) 206–229. DOI: 10.1177/0895904814559247.229.